Australian summers can get a little bit stuffy, so ceiling fans are a welcome addition to our homes. They provide fabulous airflow to all spaces including our bedrooms, indoor and outdoor lounge areas. There are many things to consider when installing a ceiling fan and we are here to help you make some decisions.
What to consider when choosing your ceiling fan:
Generally, there are four things you need to consider when you are choosing a new fan; design, material, fan speed and size of your room.
- Design: Ceiling fans are more aesthetically pleasing than air conditioning systems as they don’t take up wall space and they come in a range of colours to help blend into your room. Ceiling fans can even be innovatively designed for large spaces and high walled rooms.
- Material: Some people get put off by the stereotypes of ceiling fans, clunky and metal. However, you are able to choose from a range of materials such as wood, aluminium or steel. This not only makes it more aesthetically pleasing but also child friendly.
- Fan Speed: Ceiling fans are generally very quiet but for those extreme days you are going to need to decide on a maximum fan speed.
- Size: Make sure before choosing your fan you have measured the size of your room. Nobody wants to have a fan that is too big they never want to turn it on or a fan that is too small for the room they can’t feel the refreshing air.
At Albert Corn and Son, we are able to recommend ceiling fans that we know from experience are high quality and able to meet your needs.
Installing a ceiling fan
Installing a fan is a job best left for a qualified Electrician to ensure correct and safe installation, as well as maximum performance. There is nothing worse as a homeowner than a fan that is noisy and out of balance or not safely installed.
When looking for an electrician to install your fan you need to:
- Consider their knowledge of the product and
- Check for their licence with Energy Safe Victoria to ensure they are able to provide you with a Certificate of Electrical Safety.
At Albert Corn and Son, we are not only fully licensed with Energy Safe Victoria but we have extensive experience in installing ceiling fans within the Geelong area. Upon completion of installing your new ceiling fan, we will provide you with a safety certificate that is registered and recognised by Energy Safe Victoria.
Choose Albert Corn and Son
So, whether it is a simple white fan you are looking for, a fan to match the feel of your home or a feature fan with interesting aesthetic appeal, our team will be able to install it and in some cases supply it too. If you are in need of a ceiling fan to combat this dry heat, give us a call on (03) 5245 7277.